Well today marks 1 month of me being in Maine, which is crazy to think! It has definitely been an interesting experience, and one that I am learning a lot from. Though this job wasn't exactly what I was expecting to find when originally looking for a nanny job, I think it is teaching me a ton about being a teacher. I am definitely having to practice my patience, multitasking abilities, and setting boundaries. I am also learning why practicing teachers always joke to us education students about the "not smiling until Christmas" rule - kids will without a doubt take advantage of you and test your limits like none other! I think the kids and I are finally getting into a groove and they are starting to catch on to the fact that I am definitely not a pushover :)
So far this experience has been a bit of an adjustment, as any new job half way across the country would likely be, but we are half way through the first session of camp and have one month down! I am starting to really fall into the schedule and lifestlye here, but I'm not gonna lie...can't wait to sleep in my own bed again! :)
Other than spending a lot of time on the lake, there hasn't been too much excitement HERE, but there has been some excitment at home: one of my best friends, Meredith, got engaged over the 4th and has asked me to be her bridesmaid! So happy for her and excited that I get to help her celebrate! :)
(Here are a few random pictures of my daily life here...no stories to go with, just thought I'd share!)
(Why yes, I did make the adorable shack poster - the petals say all the girls' names on them and the leaves say the counselors' names)





No comments:
Post a Comment